Study @ KSMU
KSMU occupies a prestigious level in teaching Medical Program in English medium and preparing international students. This occupancy has shown as being the oldest medical university teaching Medical, Dentistry and Pharmacy Program in English medium and holding the highest number of international students from different nationality as in it spheres.
Over the years, many thousands of international students have graduated from university and pursued successful careers. Today, we are home to students from more than 50 different countries. This diversity contributes to a lively and welcoming community, which should make you feel comfortable, and at home.
Form and the contents of the educational process have changed. Thus KSMU organised an up-to-date method such as instruction, and knowledge assessment is being improved; multimedia lectures, the Centre for practical training, the Centre for quality management, to name a few. The training is based on applying the research results and innovative technologies initiated by the Department for the administration of creative activity of the university. Principally new information and teaching environment promotes the achievement of educational goals and improves graduates’ training quality.
Why Choose Us
Kursk State Medical University is a Top Medical University in Russia.
Low Tuition Fees
Low Tuition Fees compared to other universities.
No Donation & No Test
No Entrance Test & Donation is required to study here.
University has a huge and nice campus which is the largest country.
University offers its curriculum in English medium.
All medical university is accredited by MCI & WHO.
Registration & Orientation
Welcome to KSMU! Please come in with your travel documents to register with our office soon after your arrival in the Russian Federation. We encourage you to attend a group orientation session when offered and when those are not available to make an appointment for an individual orientation.
The OVIR must register your arrival within 3 working days of entering the Russian Federation. The staff at the OVIR will provide important immigration-related information and will answer any questions you may have. Students should register at the OVIR office before they start attending their classes.
Now that you have arrived in Kursk City, here are some activities to help you settle in! We offer group orientations and walking tours for our new students. During September, October and February, March they are welcome to join our tours. Registration is needed for the walking tours. Instructions are below.
This orientation is a two-hour session that reviews housing, social security, taxes, travel, health insurance, public and Kursk transportation services, telephones, banking, safety, grocery stores.
You will be shown places on the KSMU campus, and around the university, you will visit the shopping complex, market and grocery stores.
Kursk State Medical University always strives to keep up with international trends, make future technologies available and create an inspirational environment in all areas of activity. These objectives are well reflected in the university’s latest innovations.
The Purpose of the Centre — training of Medical University students and post-grads to the practical skills, the formation of professional competencies.
The main directions of the strategy;
- participation in the development and implementation of modern management system with all kinds of activities which are oriented on quality;
- participation in the modernization of the content of the educational process, taking into account the latest achievements of science, engineering and technology;
- creation of a system of advanced training in the interests of the projected development of medicine;
- increasing the use of the system of new forms of teaching international students and residents;
- active cooperation with employers on the formation of the requirements for the content and assessment of the quality of educational programs; participation in the development of the strategic partnership on the basis of a system of training on cycles of thematic on the orders of institutions and health organizations and social services, employers and other stakeholders;
- expand the scope of information support of educational activity;
- improving the quality of teaching and methodical, logistics, information and personnel support of the educational process of the University;
- formation of social and personal competencies, and education of pupils.
- Improving of technical-material and educational provision of a simulation training in high school.
- Formation of professional competence of students of the University for the practical component of training.
- Evaluation of the practical training of students at the university.
- Organization and carrying out activities aimed at continuous improvement and development of practical training of students at the university.
- Informing about the composition of professors and teachers’ faculty, staffs and students of management policies in the sphere of increasing the quality of practical training of students of the University.
- Develop a long-term plan of development and continuous improvement of a simulation training for the improving of practical training of students at the university.
- Development of proposals on the increase of the skills, training and retraining of personnel of the University in the field of education quality.
- Development of proposals on the practical training improvement of students at the University.
- Methodical and consultative support on the implementation of a simulation training methods.
- Consulting and practical assistance to teachers and students of the University on a simulation study.
- Provision of the conditions for the formation and improvement of professional competencies of students of theUniversity for the practical component of training.
- Conduct and analysis of the results of sociological researches on the satisfaction evaluation of the quality of training of students on the basis of
Academic mobility is the transfer of students or faculty professors to study or conduct research for a certain academic period in another higher educational/ scientific institution or clinic with a mandatory re-entry of the completed educational curricula in the form of tests in their higher education institution.
The main goal of academic mobility is the integration of the university into the international scientific and educational space, which contributes to improving the quality of scientific research and competitiveness in the educational services market.
Since 2011, in accordance with an agreement with the National Union of Medical Students (IFMSA), the academic exchange of students of KSMU and students of foreign universities is carried out. From 2014 to 2019, KSMU students travel to clinics in Portugal, Greece, Slovakia, France, Poland, Hungary, Montenegro, Croatia, Czech Republic, Italy, Bosnia, Serbia, etc., and students from medical universities Mexico, Brazil, China, Slovakia, Lithuania underwent practical training at the clinical bases of KSMU.
Within the framework of the concluded agreements on cooperation in the field of academic exchange, students from different international universities undergo training in degree programs for a semester at Kursk State Medical University.
All exchanges are coordinated by the Department of International Relations.
So, why not find out more and start your global future, today.